1. What, according to Herrnstein & Murray, is intelligence? Why do they claim to be heterodox in their views, and do you agree?
2. How do H&M characterize "Spearmanian intelligence", and how does their characterization belie the admission they earlier made about "g"?
3. What do H&M assert is a universally accepted synonym for intelligence? They seem to be pleased with this, are you?
4. How do H&M explain away two IQ horror stories told by our good friend Gould? Evaluate their explanation. (Make sure to check out the footnotes to discover what authority H&M cite for their explanation).
5. Why didn't IQ tests vanish, given the technical and social problems associated with them in the early years of this century?
6. How are Marx and Skinner responsible, according to H&M, for the conspiracy to cover-up the hereditary roots of intelligence?
7. What do Jenson, Shockley and Herrnstein have in common?
8. Summarize H&M's defense of Burt. Does this answer Gould's basic charge?
9. What are the three factions within the professional intelligence testing community, according to H&M?
10. What would Gould say about H&M's description of the classicists?
11. What is the difference between Sternberg and Spearman?
12. What is the difference between Gardener and Spearman?
13. Explain your authors argument for ignoring the revisionist approach to intelligence while basing their book on the classic approach.
14. What is your author's primary disagreement with Gardener?
15. What six conclusions about intelligence do your authors argue are now "beyond significant technical dispute"? Do you dispute any of these? Explain.